Associate Professor, School of Management and Information, University of Shizuoka
Department of Management and Information, University of Shizuoka, 52-1 Yada,
Surugaku, Shizuoka, JAPAN 422-8526
ueno at mark u-shizuoka-ken.ac.jp
University of Shizuoka (Shizuoka,Japan) 2005- present
• Ph.D Kwansei Gakuin University (Hyogo, Japan), Commercial Science, 2007
• M.A.Kwansei Gakuin University (Hyogo, Japan), Commercial Science, 2002
• B.A. Kwansei Gakuin University (Hyogo, Japan),Commercial Science, 1998
Fields of Research
• Financial Accounting and Its Role in Society
• Educational Methods for Accounting
• Insurance and Pension Accounting
• Accounting Ethics and its Educational Methods
Major Japanese Articles
• Ueno,T., “A Study on Margin for Insurance Liabilities under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles,” Journal of Insurance Science in Japan, Vol.620, pp.301-320, 2013.
• Ueno,T., “International Harmonization of Regulation, Supervision and Financial Accounting in Insurance Industries,” Journal of life insurance in Japan, Vol.182, pp.87-122, 2013.
• Ueno,T., “A study on the nature of retirement benefit obligation,” Journal of the Society for Pension Study in Japan, Vol.30, pp.53-68, 2011.
• Ueno, T. and N. Yanase, “The Effect of Corporate Pension Funding Status on a Firm’s Profitability with Financial Constraints,” The Journal of Business Analysis in Japan, Vol. 27, pp.89-100, 2011.
• Ueno,T., “A Study on Managerial Behavior in Adopting the Accounting Standards for Retirement Benefits in Japan,” Bulletin of Japanese Association for International Accounting Studies, pp.147-160, 2003.
• Ueno,T., Characteristics of Japanese Companies in the post-Bubble Era-Case of SHARP, Panasonic and SONY -, the Journal of Business Analysis in Japan(special edition for 30th anniversary) (in press).
• The Society for Risk Analysis Japan (2017)
• Prize in Japan Institute of Life Insurance (2012)
• Prize for 30th anniversary awards in the Pension Academy of Japan (2011)